(deze post is eerder gepost op onepercentblog.com, vandaar ook het engels)
This post is a follow up on the post we did about his TED talk on Hippo’s and cheetahs. In this talk George Ayittey, one of the top 100 global thinkers, gives you a more profound insight into Africa as a continent, it’s people, culture and why, after 50 years of freedom and 600 bilion of Western aid, it’s still in tremendous crisis.
- Why a continent that is so rich on minaral and natural resources is not able to lift it’s people out of poverty?
- Why there is so many catastrophic leadership failure and government disfunction?
- Why countries implode?
- What should we do to help?
- Why most aid doesn’t and didn’t work?
- What is the african sollution?
- What are it’s succeses?